Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No Tools Office 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

NARSBARS

Technical User
Nov 20, 2002
US
When I hit ALT to bring up the ribbon containing TOOLS, I get on screen letters:
1 2 f H S O V Y1 Y2

No ribbon. Help?

NARSBARS

Hello, sorry this makes no sense. First of all is this in Word 2010, Excel 2010, Powerpoint or something else. I have tested in Word 2010 and if I hit Alt get the same. However there is no tools menu anymore. Have you by any chance customised the menu/ribbon or created a quicktab and called it tools? If not what option are you trying to get into and use ? Please advise further

Sorry: Sound of hand smacking forehead!
This is in Office 2010, running on Win 7 64 bit. The problem is in Outlook Mail in a corporate environment, No one else has the problem.
It used to be when I hit alt a toolbar popped up with Tools as one of the choices. I never customized it.
I can be trained, bring patience and a 2x4.
I hope this helps clear it up.

NARSBARS

I think Narsbars you must have something added in somewhere! I am at work running Outlook 2010 in a corporate exchange environment if i press Alt there is no T that appears. There is however 1, 2, F, H, S, O, V, X, E. There is no Tools Menu in Outlook 2010 out of the box unless you have either an additional menu that has been added in as you can customise or an add in from another application

When I hit ALT to bring up the ribbon containing TOOLS, I get on screen letters:
1 2 f H S O V Y1 Y2

Still looking for this oddball, regardless. Maybe that is the real point.
Bring your own 2x4.

NARSBARS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back