Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No such file or directory

Status
Not open for further replies.

quasim0dem

Technical User
Feb 23, 2007
US
Server starting giving "waiting for media" notices, with the correct media in the autochanger so i thought it needed to be reset and re-inventoried (never know when inventory changes anymore since it's done offsite) so i restarted the services, did and inventory and immediately got the error message

<ServerName>: No such file or directory

my information tells me to stop the services, clear the temp folder, and restart the services, I've done that, and still get the same error. Any ideas?

Thanx

QM

This error message is usually because the changer device's have a new address. Take a look with inquire and see if it corresponds to the registered address for the changer in NetWorker. You should be able to change the address in the GUI.

Good luck!

If this is on Windows, you can use the "mt" command in order to verify if the scsi adress has actually changed. Load (not mount) a tape in what NetWorker considers to be Tape0. Then run "mt -f \\.\Tape0 status" and if Windows does not find a tape in the drive, you will see an error at the end of the output. If you receive no error then both NetWorker and Windows agree that there is a tape in Tape0, and that drive is ok. If the scsi has changed, the easiest and quickest way to solve it is really to perform a new jbconfig. Once that is done and everything is up and running, check the below steps to prevent it from happening again.

On Windows you might also need to make some registry changes in order to stop Windows from autodiscovering the autochanger at boot. To do this, you must first verify that Windows has mapped the autochanger to \\.\Changer0 using the inquire command. If this is the case, you can open regedit and do a search for "Changer0" in the registry. You *should* get two matches, and one of them has a registry value called "AutoCfg". Set this to 0 to prevent Windows from autodiscovering the jukebox.

Also, you should disable the RSM service from interacting with the jukebox by right-clicking My Computer -> Manage -> Storage -> Removable Storage. You should find your jukebox somewhere in there. Right-click it, go to Properties and then uncheck all the checkboxes. It might take some time before the check disappears, because Windows is trying to interact with the jukebox when you do this. After a few seconds or even minutes, the checkmark should be gone and the library should have a small (red i think) arrow on it´s icon.

Cheers!
Maverick

It appears that the scsi id of the changer changed. Still not sure why but the legato software saw it at 6.1.1 the operating system saw it at 6.0.0

I tried changing it in the legato software but then I got Input / Output Errors. So in the end (being a windows box) a reboot fixed the issue. Not sure why or how it changed, but thank you to everyone who took the time to reply.

QM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back