Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No Stutter for CCOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

HopperNH

MIS
Jun 12, 2002
US
I have a need to restrict some public phones from making toll calls, except where authorized. The phones are equipped/programmed with CCSA and AUTU. I recently programmed another phone with a CCOS button and made modifications in LD15 for the FRE1 and FRE2 states when using the CCOS+1 or CCOS+2 button. Any ideas where else I can look to resolve the lack of stutter? According to the regional in-house telco tech, everything appears to be on the up-and-up both in the phone programming, and the CDB. I can provide more pertinant information if necessary. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

~Hopper

CCSA is ideal for hotel guests. to retrict phones on a more perminate basis - Use NCOS. usually the lower the NCOS the more restricted the phone. Most PBX NCOS settings are unique hopefully you know the what the ncos values are for your switch

After a little investigation, CCSA is a system default in the CDB. I forgot to mention NCOS in the previous post. The problem is: when I lower the NCOS on a phone, I do not get a stutter tone after dialing a number to temporarily override the NCOS to a higher level. Hope this clears the problem up a little bit.

Thanks!

I'm attempting to...as mentioned above in the first post, AUTU is present in the CLS. I also tried AUTR with a couple auth codes; but, that didn't work either. When I dial 918005555555 (as an example) I do not get a stutter dial tone at the end prompting me for an auth code.

The MFRL promt in the RLI for the number dialed must be higher then the ncos to prompt stutter tone for auth code.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back