Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No Speech Path on Ip Phone 9650

Status
Not open for further replies.

VoiceonData

Technical User
Jun 12, 2007
GB
Before I start I know this is not supported and I know its not the best solution - but........

We have a client with a private network (X.21) which cannot be changed.

We have implemented a new IP500, piggy backed to a IP406 which is being used for the x21 connection

I can call in both directions from a digital and IP phone connected to the 406 to the remote site.

I can call from a digital phone in both directions to and from the IP500

I can call from the 9650 to the remote site with no problems.

The problem lies when the remote site calls the 9650 - the phone rings but there is no speech path in either direction.

The annoying factor is that we have the exact same setup working at another site

Any thoughts ??????

voiceondata

Is "direct media path" disabled on the IP Phone and in the H.323 trunks?
No speech one way or both ways is always a routing or firewall problem. In this case it is a routing problem, concentrate on that.

Look on your router if you have on the firewall a ALG h323 or H323 transformation case check. If you have, unchek it and test if that working...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back