Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No Sound

Status
Not open for further replies.

denny705

Technical User
Dec 8, 2004
US
I've plugged a pair of old Compaq Presario (1997) speakers into a PC with a Biostar mobo AMD-2800, and I get no sound from them. Anyone have any suggestions?

basic questions: are the proper drivers installed on the pc? are the speakers really functional? is the plug connected to the correct socket? you may be missing the obvious.

kilroy [trooper]
philippines

"If the automobile had followed the same development cycle as the computer, a Rolls-Royce would today cost $100, get one million miles to the gallon, and explode once a year, killing everyone inside."

Are the speakers powered? A lot of the old ones weren't - they were designed for a high powered audio board.

Yes they work on the Compaq machine and its plugged into the correct socket, and no they are not powered by an adaptor. I checked and no driver updates are available except for W95,W98, & ME. Thought I'd try them before buying a new set. Thanks for the feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back