Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No Sound - happened after installing CD Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

satchel

Technical User
Oct 26, 2000
US
My speakers have worked fine until I installed a "Jeopardy" CD-Rom game and no sound came out. I've checked all connections and settings. My sound Icon shows it's working. My volume setting shows it's working, but still no sound. It doesn't work at all - not just for the game. I have a Win98 system and a fairly new computer with DVD-CDROM. Any suggestions?

Sounds like there is a software conflict somewhere.
Try uninstalling the game and see if that restores the sound. Go to Start/Settings/Control Panel/Add-Remove Programs/Install-Uninstall, scroll down and highlight the Jeopardy game if it's listed, click Add/Remove, click OK.
If the game is not listed in the above menu, go to Start/Programs, point to the game and look for an uninstall utility, use it to uninstall the game. If you cannot find an uninstall utility here, open Windows Explorer and look for the game's folder(it may be in Program Files). Open the folder and look for an uninstall file. Double click on it if it's there.
Afterwards, delete any leftover files and shortcuts.

If doing the above restores your sound, you may want to check with the game's manufacturer or its website for any solutions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back