Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No SMS Exec on CAPs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Susan78

MIS
Feb 20, 2003
US
I have one site server, with 8 CAPS. Each CAP is on a different subnet. All CAPs but two are functioning as normal. The two bad CAPs do not have the SMS Executive service running. The component status messages indicate it can not copy over the necessary files and that the bootstrap service can not start due to insufficient rights. I'm not exactly sure where I need to check these rights. I have tried removing the CAPS then re-adding them back in, but that hasn't helped.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Check the sms\logs\inboxmgr.log for errors to see if its connecting at all

verify that the sms service account exists on the cap and has the correct rights

verify that the site system connection account specified in the admin console exists and has the access rights to the cap

make sure the cap is active on the network if it is the inbox manager will try to connect...forever and it will create a status message each time it fails.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back