Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No servers in Authorized DHCP servers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niavlys

IS-IT--Management
Jun 3, 2002
CA
Hi,
I have 2 DHCP servers that are running since more than 5 years. I don't have any problems with these DHCP servers. The problem is that I want to install Windows Deployment Services on a new server and when I install it, I don't see it in the manage authorized servers list. I don't see my 2 working DHCP servers either, the box is empty.

I suspect that this may cause me a problem with the boot PXE that does not work.

I would like to know how could I fix this problem. I installed a new DHCP server to see if I would see it and it is not there, and this new server gives addresses as it should...

Thanks for your help!

i assume you right clicked in the dhcp console and selected the authorize option? that is when it is published as authorized. If this isn't done, what you have are rogue DHCP servers.

-Brandon Wilson
MCSE:Security00/03
MCSA:Messaging00
MCSA:Security03
A+

I figured out the problem.
I went to ADSIedit and removed a blank entry in DhcpRoot property, in Configuration, Services and NetServices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back