Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No servers displayed in CMC after restore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mystro

IS-IT--Management
May 10, 2000
AU
Evening all,

I've got a Windows 2003 server running Metaframe XP FR3 SP3. Today I tested a restore of the farm, all good except for one thing.. I can see the server/s in the CMC.

How I went about the test restore was to install WIndows 2003 onto a test environment server, same name, same IP, same drive letters and connects to the same domain (a DC was restored also). I then installed MF XP FR3 and rebooted.

Once it came back up I stopped the IMA service replaced the mf20.mdb with the backed up one from the production network, ran dsmaint recreatelhc, then restarted the IMA service.

All good as far as info in the CMC goes (published apps, zones etc) & functionality but I am unable to see the servers under the servers folder.

Any ideas?

have you actually had any test users loggin on to the servers as i think it may need to write some entries to the DB for all of this to jump back in to life. It may also need another restart of the IMA service after log ons.

Let me know what you find...

Mike

Remember - There is always another way..........

[yinyang]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back