Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No server list appears in CMC using CE9

Status
Not open for further replies.

midearth

Technical User
Aug 28, 2003
US
Using CE9 (currently) on Windows 2000 server. Recently, our IT group decided to upgrade our server and changed server names before talking to me because I wanted to upgrade to Crystal Server XI and import our data. Been through this hassle once before when they renamed servers and now CE9 won't work. I found my old instructions from the last time and went through the process of the CE Renaming steps. Everything appeared to work smoothly except when I log onto the CMC to manage the servers, no servers appear in the list. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Hi,
As you previously found out, changing server names can really hose a CE installation.

The only sure way I found to resolve this was to create all new servers (with the CMS and Input/Output servers pointed to the same place as the existing ones) and eliminating the old versions...

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

Thanks. That's about what I was afraid of. Do you know if it would be possible to go ahead and do a side-by-side install of Crystal Server XI at this point; create new servers then import from my "broken" CE9 installation? My problem is that I just don't want to have to create all of the folders, reports, etc. from scratch. They're all there and if that would work seems to be the easiest option.

Hi,
That was the method I always used to upgrade my CE/BOE installatioons - as long as I had another server to install the system on I did that..

Make sure you can connect to the existing CMS database from the new server and that you can access the Input and Output folders ( I always kept ours on a totally separate server not involved in the operations of either the CE/BOE server or the server hosting our CMS database ( we used Oracle))

I would not recommend trying to have 2 versions of CE/BOE on the same server, although I hear that it can be done.

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

Aaarggghh!! Inserted disk for CS XI and it went straight into update mode instead of letting me do a new install. Now for the Tomcat installation it's asking for me to enter the existing CMS name. Is that the name of the cluster or...?? I'm confused.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back