Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

no root controller after rs506a upgrade with mylex controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

cliverhodes

Technical User
Dec 16, 2002
GB
After installing rs506a with mylex controller the system fails to reboot with no root controller. This is described in TA 114743 on the SCO web site. It also provides the solution - booting unix.old and using btld to install a driver from I am having problems getting to this address - and mylex.com. Can anyone please advise on where the drivers for AccelRAID 352 and 170 are?

I have never used mylex controllers but i found this with google....

....snip

For example, the DPT Century RAID controller is not currently supported so you would use a BTLD.

Generally check ftp.sco.com/pub/drivers/OSR506/ for up-to-date drivers and use the SCO provided one rather than the one supplied with the card.
At the boot prompt type: defbootstr link=dpti5 Sdsk=dpti(0,0,0,0)
(Details of the exact string to use will be included either in the .ltr or readme file that comes with the BTLD).

Or with a Mylex controller, you won't need a BTLD but may need to tell OSR 5 where it is connected e.g.

At the boot prompt type: defbootstr link=mdac Sdsk=dpti(0,0,1)

......snip

Thanks Stanhubble for the quick response but the TA does say download the driver from the mylex web site. I noticed that 506a does include mdac so I assume that its not suitable. I have to admit that this is not my op system, but a customers, and having caused such disruption by installing rs506a and leaving them with a unusable system until I reversed the rs506a installation,I am reluctant for ME to get into panic mode again. Are the SCO FAQ so out of date? If you can help locating the drivers from Mylex I would be very grateful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back