Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

no ringing at attendant when 2nd call comes in 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

PHONMAN

Vendor
Apr 26, 2002
US
My customers attendant phone (221)does not ring when a 2nd call comes in when she is on the phone with a previous call.... it just goes straight to her voice mail. I've checked "foward no answer" and it's set to 6 rings, "foward on busy" is at none. what am I missing? Thanks in advance for any help.

SMalcolm
CustomPrewire in K.C.

Some thoughts:

Check DND on busy - N -;
Give reception two or more Intercomm keys;
Make sure all COs are set to appear and ring or are set for ringing in DR5 and below;
Check the volume bar;
Check DRT to prime;

??

PhM

Thanks, I'll check them and let you know. the lines are two way DID lines. The provider saya that all calls that are dialed as the first or maim number will show up on my end as the main line no matter what channel it comes in on, but I must be missing something. Later Phonman@comcast.net
SMalcolm
CustomPrewire in K.C.

So you have the target line for the main DID number appearing more than once on her phone? Make sure the Telco is sending the digits again on subsequent calls. Sometimes they don't. AND check that DND on busy setting. MRoberts
mroberts@americaii.com

mroberts, no I don't havethe target line for the main DID appearing more than once on her phone and I'm not sure how to do that. Phonman@comcast.net
SMalcolm
CustomPrewire in K.C.

In order for her to get simultaneous DID calls on her phone you will need to either assign the Target Line more than once on her phone (you need 4.0 software or above to do this) or you have to set the target line to ring only and give her multiple IC keys.

Terminals&Sets - Show
Show set: - Enter her extension number
223:223 - Show
Line Access - Show
Line assignment - Show
Show line: - enter the target line number
Line145:line145 - Show
Line145: appr and ring - Show again
Appearances: 1 - Press change and enter the number of line 145 buttons you want her to have.

Or set to ring only. Then make sure she has multiple IC keys.Terminals&Sets - Show
Show set: - Enter her extension number
223:223 - Show
Line Access - Show
Line assignment - Next until you see IC keys.

MRoberts
mroberts@americaii.com

Thanks alot MRoberts for taking the time to explain how to do it. I've been spread a little thin the last couple weeks so your info is a big help...........anyway thanks again. Phonman@comcast.net
SMalcolm
CustomPrewire in K.C.

Did this take care of the problem, yet there could be more if you set up a CCR tree or AA.

let us know

wip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back