Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No Ringback Tone when using H.323 Gateway

Status
Not open for further replies.

ErrorMagnet

Technical User
Mar 21, 2006
NO
I have a CCM4.2(3) connected PSTN via two different Gateways, one MGCP-type and one H.323. Heres my problem:

When doing Blind Call Transfer out through MGCP, the transferred party hears Ringback Tone perfectly OK. But when doing this out through H.323, the transferred party hears nothing but silence, until receiving external party eventually answers.

Any tip here would make me very happy.

in ccm under your h323 gateway configuration have you checked the option:
Media Termination Point Required

Try that see if it makes a difference.

Thanks fro reply, whykap.

As a MTP configured in CCM eats system resources, were not planning to use that. We have instead told the PSTN Provider to konfigure routings to all Phone IP addresses of our Voice VLAN, and that seem to work.

Hovever, I've found a couple of suggestions from other sources, which I'm now going to check out:

1) A TAC Case K58413239 indicates that Clusterwide Parameter "CheckProgressIndicatorBeforeEstablishingMedia*" maybe should be set to true.
2) Other Technicians refers to possibilities involving Annunciator.

Please check (add) on the VOIP dial-peer(s):

progress_ind setup enable 3

and on your POTS dial-peer(s):

progress_ind progress enable 8
progress_ind connect enable 8
progress_ind alert enable 8

and at last (if the above suggestions won't help), check the following parameter in the CallManager Service:

ToSendH225UserInfoMsg (from the following 3 options try first de the default):

*Use ANN for Ring Back
Uses Cisco Signaling Connection Control Part (SCCP) Annunciator to play a ringback tone (available in Cisco CallManager release 4.0 and later).

*User Info for Call Progress Tone
Sends an H.225 user information message to the IOS gateway to a play ringback tone or a tone on hold (this is the default).

*H.225 Info for Call Progress Tone
Sends an H.225 information message to the IOS gateway to a play ringback tone or tone on hold.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back