Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No rigths to approve updates in SUS after Migrating to AD

Status
Not open for further replies.

joniteravainen

Technical User
Sep 13, 2005
FI
Hello,
I'm having problems with approving updates in SUS after AD migration. I can access all settings and basically everything else works fine, but when i'm trying to approve updates all boxes are grey. I have admin rigths to server and i allready checked that I have enough permissions for services under computer management.
SUS version is 1.0.3630,2552 and OS w2k3 svr.
Help anyone?

- Joni -

Might want to try moving to WSUS instead of SUS. More flaxability and control as well as the ability to patch other products like MS office.

As to the reason you are having issues, was it already installed prior to the AD migration? Might be worth double checking the settings though to be quite honest as it doesn't take all that long to set up I'd look at updating to WSUS. with issues like this you could end up spending more time trying to resolve the issue then necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back