Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

no results in search for 1 user

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 6, 2003
NL
Hi all, I need some help on a weird problem I am having on Sharepoint Portal Server 2000.
Sharepoint Portal has recently been installed on a dedicated server. Dual Xeon, 1 GB RAM, 3 x 36.4 GB scsi 10K hard drives in Raid 5.
All has been set up correctly by a third party company. All is working fine except for the Application Manager for Sharepoint.
The problem is as followed.
The application manager makes a search on a specified directory (project on fileserver) which is indexed. There are no results. When the search is done in "this site" it does show up with all results. When this exact same search is done by any other user, also on "project on fileserver" that user does get all the results. This also proves that the indexing process has ran correctly.

Userinfo: Application manager has access to the entire fileserver due to her role as Document Control. In Sharepoint Portal she is a coordinator.

I have tried the following to resolve this.
I deleted the (roaming) profile of the application manager and have her log on again. She had a clean profile now. Same results.

I made a copy of the application managers user account in the Active Directory. I copied the profile over so the new user would use the exact same profile as the application manager. What do you know, it works for the copied user.

I then figured, delete the original useraccount of the application manager and rename the copy of that account which does work. I set everything correct again for the user, imported the email etc. Surprise, NO results with the search on "project on fileserver". The search on "this site" still works. BTW, before trying out I deleted the account in the security settings in sharepoint and added her again. restarted IIS.

I made sure the application manager does NOT use her roaming profile. I let her log on and she had a clean new profile. Exact same behaviour. No results in "project on fileserver" but good results in "this site".

Did all this on a clean workstation as well to verify that it has nothing to do with the workstation this user is on.

For any other user using the exact same search everything works fine.

Im getting a lil desperate here. I really can`t think of any place or way to resolve this issue for this one user who is the most important user of Sharepoint Portal server.

Any suggestion, help and/or tips are more than welcome.

Thanx

Timo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back