Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No Records In Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrichey

MIS
Nov 22, 2002
US
I have a report that is running against a P4 (Perigrine Service Center) database. The report runs fine in Reports, but when I publish it to Enterprise and run the report, it runs VERY quickly, shows success, but all that is seen is the report title ... no data. Any suggestions? Other reports out of the same database work fine. Thank you!

Check the connectivty for the report or the server, it's probably wrong.

-k

I double checked the connectity and all looks correct. When that is NOT the case, what else could it be.

sysvampire -- on another subject. On a recent post you mentioned a report that shows daily status of all instances. How can I get a copy of such a report. Thanks!

Did you perform a thorough test of the connectivity that the job server uses.

[ol][li]Log onto your job server system with the same account that the job server runs under.[/li][li]Open the report in question with the Crystal Report designer.[/li][li]Run it in Crystal Reports using the SAME login information that the job server uses.[/li][/ol]
If the if you are using view on demend then you must perform this test on the page server machine, using the same account information that the page server uses.

This is one reason you should keep a copy of Crystal Reports installed on your CE server machines. [smile]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back