Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

no "transparent" on color palette 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

gsbbr

Technical User
Sep 5, 2002
US
I thought I used to have a transparent option on the color palette (and I do in Illustrator, which I tried unsuccessfully to transfer). I tried to use the one on the Swatches palette...also unsuccessful. I tried to create a new non-color based on the "transparent" color codes in AI...again, didn't work.

I can't find it in Help, FAQs, or past posts. This must be so elemental that nobody asks. Anyone have a moment to help?

If I can get "transparent" into the foreground/background, I can fix my current problem. Thanks.

Transparent in photoshop is the lack of color. As an example a new layer is transparent by default. If you then draw a circle and fill it that area is no longer transparent, but the rest of the layer around it still is.

You can not fill with transparency, but you can select an area and delete the color to obtain transparency. (if there is not another layer lower with background color). Illustrator is different in this regard as it always assumes paper white.

So you can not find it in PS help or information because it is not there.

What is it exactly that you are trying to do? I'm sure someone here can help.

I hope this was helpful to you.

Wow JT that almost looked like you knew what you were doing!

Thanks, pixl8r, for letting me know that what I was trying to do wasn't possible in PhotoShop.

When I read that, I went back to the drawing board and eventually found a way to solve my problem in Illustrator.

So all is well. Thanks again for clueing me in.

Barbara

You CAN mask areas of layers to make them transparent if that helps...
Layers palette; create a selection, and then make layer mask.

As always, if you have a specific or even a vague idea of what you want to achieve, then by all means tell us, there is nearly always more than one way to do something.

Moe: It could have been a real ugly situation, but luckily I managed to shoot him in the spine.

Hi my friends!

Could someone please tell me how to insert a animated gif on my photoshop produced webpage? I've tried almost everything, and I could put it on the lower corner, however it doesn't have the animation effect anymore unfortunately :-(

Any advice is most appreciated.

Thanks,

Swizzy

Swizzy,

Produce the animated gif seperately in ImageReady and then add it to your page in the HTML.

A photoshop "Save for Web" will not maintain animated gif's.

BTW... As this has nothing to do with the subject of this post it would have been appropriate to start a new thread.

Good Luck

Wow JT that almost looked like you knew what you were doing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back