Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No "Recent" files under File window 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 24, 2002
US
MS Excel 97 (as with all office programs) has a list of recently used files. It was my understanding that this stuff is written to the registry. Well, doesn't matter how often Excel opens up (and I'm assuming the other programs) but it doesn't save recently opened files under the File window. There is one file in there but I'm not even sure if the gentleman uses the file lol.

Anyone have any tips on what the problems and/or how to fix it, I'd appreciate it! For the time being I gave him a shortcut to his office folder.

Have you checked TOOLS-OPTIONS-GENERAL tab. The "Recently Used File List" can be increased to 9 recently used files.

Tools, Options, General, set the recently used file list to zero. Close Excel. Start Excel and set it back to 4.

If that fails, you can go to
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\9.0\Excel\Recent Files and delete everything except (default) entry in the right pane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back