Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No "Mouse" listed in Device Manager Win. 98

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shelleyot

Technical User
Dec 31, 2001
US
I attempted to install an optical mouse in the USB port of an IBM ThinkPad 390E I recently aquired (I had to install the OS). The mouse installation process was fraught with error messages of certain missing files, and resulted in a total non-function status of the serial mouse I had, and the laptop accupoint. I had to shut the laptop down (as opposed to restarting, which seemed to only bring me back to the error messages and serial mouse/accupoint failure) to get the accupoint and serial mouse up again.
Today, after that mess, when attempting to install a driver (trackpoint/mouse) I got from IBM, I saw that there is no entry for "Mouse", to which accessing is part of the installation process. No "Microsoft PS/2 port mouse", or anything of that nature. Can anyone asssist me here?

Thank you! Fear Not

Did your mouse come with an adapter for the PS2 port? If so, give that a whirl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back