Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

no permissions to access mailbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

proudusa

MIS
Sep 19, 2001
US
One user via outlook 2000 is getting an error message saying they do not have permissions to access the folder.

The mailbox is the user's mailbox and they are accessing it logged in with the correct account name.

any ideas?...thanks

Hi,

If the account name is correct in the users setup in the exchange admin, then ask if they have logged out of the computer lately. They may have redone their password or it may have expired on the domain and exchange can't see it. I have had occasions in NT where this has happened, and as soon as the user logs in again, it does ask for the user to change the password.

Let me know if that helped.

Thanks,

Jim

Did you just assign permissions to the mailbox?

If so, the Information Store caches permissions information and by default only refreshes it every 120 minutes. You can also start and stop the Information Store service and permissions will be refreshed that way.

Good luck!

Thanks for the feedback....

During the time she was unable to access the mailbox, i was able to enter as an administrator. I backed up her mailbox to .pst, deleted the mailbox and created a new one then imported but was still unable to enter. A bit later she was able to access the mailbox. The delay after creation of the mailbox must have been the IS refresh rate on passwords that i was unaware of. All is set now..

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back