Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

no partion or hard drives can be found Dell PowerEdge 1400SC

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdubbs

MIS
Feb 19, 2009
US
I am trying to reinstall the operating system on a Dell PowerEdge 1400SC, however once the windows set up starts It alerts me that no partion or hard drives can be found. There are 3 hard drives on this system and I do not think the problem is with the hard drives.

Any ideas as to why the server would not recognize the hard drives on install?

Are you installing direct from the O/S CD or are you first running Dell Server Administrator ?

If you have SCSI drives, you will need to load their drivers and configure them before mounting your O/S.

Dell has a Linux-based software tool that will do that and lead you into loading your O/S.

Consider using :

You will have to burn it to a bootable CD or download the ISO file and burn the image to a CD to make it bootable.

I am just guessing right now, but I would image you would have 3 SCSI drives maybe in a RAID 5 config ???

Anyway, look at that Dell link and see if that helps or not. If not, I need more system info from you, maybe the service tag ID.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back