Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No Option to share my Contacts in Outlk 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 9, 2005
US
I have a small office running exchange 5.5 on 2000 server and the clients all use Outlook 2003.
With most of the clients when they go to Contacts there is the option in the navigation bar to "share my contacts".
I set myself up with a domain account and an exchange account, and I can get into outlook and I can even send and receive messages fine with the other exchange users, also I can open up other users
shared contacts and look at them, but I have no option in "Contacts" to "share my contacts". The option just is not there. This is also happening with another person whose accounts I recently set up, she is also able to send and receive and look at shared exchnage folders.
I brought up outlook 2003 help file for "share my contacts" and it says "Note Share My Contacts does not appear unless you are using an Exchange Server e-mail account." However I am using an exchange email account. For the life of me I don't know what could be preventing me from sharing my contacts. I have given myself every possible right (admin included) in 2000 server. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back