Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No of records in one page

Status
Not open for further replies.

kala1234

Programmer
Feb 13, 2003
IN
I have a requirement of fixing up number of rows in a Page to 30.I found crystal has no options to set it.Need to mannually adjust the size of the details section. But this won't look nice in the report and in export. Each row will be separated by large no. of lines depending on the number of pages. In exporting that many number of blank rows appear in between each data records...Can we suppress this blank rows some how in Crystal..???

Please give some pointers..

Thanks in Advance
Kala

You can also adjust the size of the page footer, the bigger you make it the fewer details will fit.

Or, if you are comfortable with variables, you can create a counter from the top of the page and force a page break when it gets to 30. Ken Hamady, On-site Custom Crystal Reports Training & Consulting
Public classes and individual training.
Expert's Guide to Formulas / Guide to Crystal in VB
- tek@kenhamady.com

You can either have blank lines between the rows, or after 30 rows.

This can be used to determine when to issue the page break:

recordnumber/30 = abs(recordnumber/30)

To fix the display on export, perhaps if you adjust the size of the paper used in the printer settings (if possible), perhaps even setting the printer to a specialized printer to allow for this.

-k kai@informeddatadecisions.com

Hi,

I got it working with a single piece of code in the Format Section of the Details.The code follows

IF(Remainder (RecordNumber,30 )=0)
Then
True
Else
False

Thanks for the pointers..
Kala

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back