Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No number ID to be sent!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

egle

Technical User
Aug 16, 2002
DE
Hallo,
what should I make on my 6408d+ that I wouldn't send my telephone number while making calls? Thanks indeed!
Reg., Egle

many ways to do the same thing, as usual.

two ways - page 2 station form: Per Station CPN - Send calling number. You could set this to r(estricted), or n to send main number.

also take a look at change isdn pub

Hallo, BIS,
if I set to "n", then it still send our company main number, if to "r", then "The Media Centre 801" -which is our line. The point is that we are business centre(The Media Centre), one client requested that, so option "n" is not fine and "r" as well, as his company has another name. Any further suggestions more than appreciated. Thanks, Egle

Ask your carrier to block the information on that trunk...
Works fine for me!

Remember that with ISDN you are always sending a number. What number you send is controlled in cha isdn pub and the station page as previously noted above. You can only send numbers that have your physical address so the 911 system does not get hosed.

Bashless

You can always block the number on an ISDN T1 with a feature access code. We use it all the time for collections.

would you like to inform me which is the FAC? SXS

Hi, SXS,

try "Per Call CPN Blocking Code Access Code", guess it's that one, haven't tried as blocked for that particular station, on page 2, there's entry "Per Station CPN - Send Calling Number "

Egle

<grrrrr> to egordon. I hate companies that block their number so people can't see the number. I think the FCC has mandated starting next year the carriers have to send phone numbers on every call made from a T1 trunk group.

To BHodgins : I hate these companies as well!!!!Big times.
Egle

Can some one help me to understand what is change isdn public setting. why it is used and what are its features.

Nageshpai,
the setting enables to send your number while you make a call. If I place extension ranges there, so the users' numbers from that range will be displayed at the other end (call receiver) phone display. Like on your mobile -or you can send your number or you can block it that nobody would recognise it's you calling.
Egle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back