Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NO Novell delivered Applications

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 17, 2003
US
I need some help. To my knowledge, no one changed anything on the server. We already have major server issues. I checked the launcher and also checked the applications tab but the "Novell delivered Application" screen does not come up for any users on the network except the administrator. All other users are located inside the containers. I can get no help from our main network people so any suggestions would be appreciated.

Probably some NDS issues. But if the network is in such a state of disarray as you make it sound, it might be time to call in the big guns. You need to address the server and nds issues and then after they are confirmed stable, look at what's wrong with ZEN. Zen relies HEAVILY on NDS so any problems with NDS can break it.

Marvin Huffaker MCNE, CNE
Marvin Huffaker Consulting

It could be a rights issue - maybe NDS has screwed up the file rights so that the standard users do not have any access to the applications and therefore ZEN will not load them. This would explain why administrators can work ok.

-----------------------------------------------------
"It's true, its damn true!"
-----------------------------------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back