Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No Network Icons in N&DU Connections

Status
Not open for further replies.

garty

IS-IT--Management
Feb 22, 2001
GB
I am running W2k Terminal Services on 2 domains in one forest.

The network has a few WINS/DHCP related problems we think, but one thing we have noticed is that on the Domain Controllers, when you go into Networking and Dial-Up Connections through Control Panel the ONLY icon there is New Connection!!

One DC has 2 network cards and the other DC has one. We know they are working and present as everyone on the network has full access to server files etc.

Without these icons, we seem to be unable to check things like protocols and IP address configuration.

Has anyone come accross this before and know of a solution?
Microsoft website draws a blank (no surprises!)

Garty
System administrator

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem. My configuration is much the same. Win2K Server with SP2 and two NICs (PDC) and other server with Win2K one NIC. The two NIC server appears to be working fine and I can ping any other device on the network including itself.

I would be most grateful for any pointers on this problem as well. So far my research hasn't turned up anything for a fix.

Best regards, Spoons.
Live is too short to panic. Take your time, breath and realise that you can do it. The answers are out there!

Hi,

I have come across these on MS website. Have a hard time finding these as they didn't come under and sensible heading.

Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - Q269019
Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - Q254631

I'm going to try these out today. I will report back when done.

Hope these help you.

Best regards, Spoons
Live is too short to panic. Take your time, breath and realise that you can do it. The answers are out there!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back