Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No multicast coming from symposium web client SWC

Status
Not open for further replies.

OrlandoGuy82

Technical User
Feb 5, 2008
US
I was contacted and told the ADD were no longer working. They would open but not log in. I narrowed this down to the web client not producing any multicast traffic. Using the Mcrv utility and packet sniffing software I can tell I am getting no traffic from the Multicast send adress of 230.0.0.2. I can see the traffic coming from the SCCS address of 230.0.0.1.

The SWC is interpretting this traffic correctly (I believe) because Unicast Real Time data is working fine.

I have connected a crossover cable directly into the SWC clan port and see no mulitcast traffic even there meaning its not a network routing issue.

I have restarted the ICERTDservice several times as well as rebooting the whole server a number of times.

The HOST table on SWC does have the SCCS server name and address in it.

The ports are set to 100 MB Full duplex and I checked the registry settings for multicast filtering and mine were fine as I have the latest update SU07 for SWC.

I'm at the end of my rope. Thank you.

On the multicast traffic you see coming from the SCCS, check to be sure that it matches the host name on the actual SCCS as well as the entry in your host file on the SWC.

Thank you for the response. I do not see the hostname in the data I am receiving in the Mcrv. Just raw data for skillsets (port 6040 230.0.0.1). I have checked the sccs hostname in the server properties and checked the host file in SWC and that name and CLAN IP is there.

I did notice in a skillset report on Mcrv that it sais Server ID and it was not the name of the server itself. I changed the host file name to that name and all real time displays went down (unicast)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back