Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No MSG on 7208

Status
Not open for further replies.

teleman

Vendor
Mar 14, 2003
CA
I have a set that will not show a message waiting. All programming has been checked. One thing that I have noticed is if I exchange the set with a 7310, set relocate off, the msg is there in the bottom left hand corner. It kind of thinks it's a 7310??. I have checked in maintance to see what the status is and it is a 7208, the 7310 showed as a 7310. Have changed ports etc, cannot figure it out. Other 7208's show MSG. System CICS wth a Flash.
Any idea's would be appreciated.
Thanks
RA

Sounds like the set itself is defective. Does the display look normal for everything else? If so, can you just swap it to a place that dosn't need the MSG indication?

MarvO said it

Sounds like static time is set, do a F806...or F#806 to fix.

spoclogo2.jpg

Yes I have swapped sets, no differece, the sets. The set work fine other then no MSG. It thinks it is a 7310, because if you plugged one in with set relocate off there is MSG on the display. What is static time.
RA

Oops, I misunderstood. Have you tried it with another 7208?
Static time mode forces the display to show the time and date info. It replaces the message or call information.
The F #806 turns it back to normal. It is a feature that I always forget about until Curley reminds me.

MarvO said it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back