Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No Mouse

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjfusion

IS-IT--Management
May 1, 2006
US
Hi,

I reloaded a computer just recently, installed Windows XP Pro with Service pack 3 etc. The PS2 mouse worked just fine. Now it doesn't show up at all. I've tried other mouses both USB and PS/2 and nothing. I've also installed USB card and put plugged in a new USB mouse and still nothing. I know the USB card works, because my jump drive shows up. Any ideas?

Remove whatever mouse device is listed in Device Manager & let it be re-discovered. This is a bit of a pain without a mouse to get there, but it can be done.

Press the windows key on your keyboard, use the arrow keys to navigate to My Computer, use the context menu key on your keyboard (to the left of the right ctrl key), use the arrow keys to get to Properties, press Enter. To navigate around in Device manager, you'll probably also need to use the tab key in addition to the arrows & context menu keys.
Alt+Space also gets you to the file menu for the active window.

Thanks. I'll try it and let you know my results.
C

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back