Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No mouse response in SMS2.0 remote session

Status
Not open for further replies.

tricky

MIS
Jun 28, 2000
GB
Hi.  We have a new SMS2.0 deployment.  Desktop PC's are running Win2K, mouse is Logitech M-S48a using Win2K drivers (PS/2 wheel enabled).  When a initiating an remote session the mouse doesn't respond on the client machines.  Any thoughts?

I have noticed the same thing.&nbsp;&nbsp;We have NT and W2K clients.&nbsp;&nbsp;Only the W2K clients have no response with the mouse.&nbsp;&nbsp;SP2? <p> <br><a href=mailto: anongod@hotmail.com> anongod@hotmail.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br>"Drawing on my fine command of language, I said nothing.

We have found that installing SP2 works - provided previous client software is removed.&nbsp;&nbsp;Our security settings on the clients are set to 'not trust any unsigned driver'&nbsp;&nbsp;the new mouse drivers in SP2 are now signed.&nbsp;&nbsp;I don't think the previous versons were.&nbsp;&nbsp;Hope this helps you also.

Well, I'm not sure, but it sounds like something about kbstuff.sys.<br><br>Go to \system32\drivers\kbstuff.sys<br><br>Check the version and make sure it is 4.00.<br>Installaing SP2 should solve the problem. but sometimes it doesn't get upgraded.<br><br>Good Luck..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back