Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

no / lost password to Access Stack Node 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

drscriptt

Technical User
Nov 15, 2004
US
I recently acquired a Bay Networks Access Stack Node router that has a password set on it. I have never used an ASN router before so I don't even know the user name to log in with, I think it's Manager (per NT docs). I see a jumper labeled "S3" near the flash card (possibly similar to clear BIOS on a PC?), but I'm not sure what it does. If any one could help me in gaining access to this system I would greatly appreciate it and be willing to praise his / her name (for what that is worth) :)

DrScriptt. . . .

The AN and the ANH have jumpers to defeat the password. The ARN and ASN are a bit trickier.

For the ASN you have to boot off of the PCMCIA flash card with a file called "nopass.exe".

You then login as Manager and no password is required.

I'm *almost* positive that it is legal to distribute this file freely, but I'll have to check into that first to make sure. If it's legal...I can send a copy of that file to you...it's very small.

I'll try to check back in before the end of the day.

Hi dane,

New guy to this forum & site. Would appreciate it if you could help with defeating the password for the ARN. I have an old one at work that I do not have the password to access.

Any help would be appreciated!

For the asn.
You have a diag port just next to the flash card.
Make a cable

1 ------rts
2-------dtr
3-------trans data
4--------dcd
5------rd
6----ground
7-----data set read
8-----cls
Then connect with it on the diag, boot the box, push "Control C"
type the following
- Read the current password.
exa -b 0x60400000 20

-Invalidate the current password.
dep -b 0x60400000 0

For the arn
^C<CR> and type the following
At this prompt type :-
diag_1 >> d/l/n:5 410000 0
This sequence will blank out the Manager password in NVRAM.
Boot the ARN or power cycle the ARN and you are all set.
diag_1 >> boot

could anyone point a noob in the right direction for details on how to make the above cable?

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back