Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

no logon servers are avaliable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parmb

Technical User
Dec 17, 2001
GB
hi,

ok i'm running safenet VPN client into a Netgear FVL328.

Here's my problem, if i connect using a vpn on a remote laptop which is setup as part of the domain, then i can not map to any shares i get the error no logon servers are avaliable. However, I am able to ping the server by IP and host name.

I tryed to VPN from another laptop which is not configured with a domain, the vpn is successful and when i map a share i get prompted for u/n and password - what i'd expect.

Question is how do i get the first laptop authenticated on the 2000 domain? It's seems to be a problem authenticating, as i log into windows without the domain controler preesent (locally) lauch the VPN client, and then try and map the drive.

any help would be appreciated

thanks in advance

Parmb

what do you get if using net virw \\servername\sharename command on the first VPN client?

Robert Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
Windows, Network, Internet, VPN, Routing and How to at

I have exactly this problem. When running net view \\servername\sharename I get the following:

System error 5 has occurred. Access is denied.

When running net use \\servername\sharename I get:

System error 1311 has occurred. There are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back