Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No login Prompt

Status
Not open for further replies.

JMoore64

MIS
Nov 5, 2003
US
Hello all, I have a user that has an issue with Remote desktop that i can't recreate. So i thought i post it here and see if anybody else has had or seen this issue. The issue is when the user remotes in from home to there Desktop at there desk. The user states that they can connect to the VPN with no problems and when the user tries to connect to the desktop at the office it just shows the blue sceen with no login prompt. The user assures me that the gray connection bar is at the top of the screen but no login prompt.. Has any anybody come across this before.

Thanks For your Help

James

That sounds like a bandwidth issue. Could be the users RDP settings are for LAN or higher and they might have low bandwidth.

I think you right. When i went to the house to troubleshoot the problem. It took a few seconds for the prompt to appear. I guess the user wasn't very patient. Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back