Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No Local Drive under Win2k3 TS Eurgent Help needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tekkid

Technical User
Dec 28, 2001
US
Hey guys,

We have just started using Win2k3 TS for a couple of locations. These are our test beds for new upgrads for the entire corp. once we work out all the kinks.

My problem is that on these machines we just installed Win2k3 TS. Everyone is logging in fine but when they attempt to access their files on C: they have no access to it.

They have access to the C: of the server instead of their local machine. I'm sure its something silly I have over looked but I'm really at a loss. If you have any info please post. Thanks for your help in advance.

Kidd

Local drive redirection depends on a few things. First the Client must be using the RDP5 Client which ships with XP and is also found on the Win2K3\System32\Clients\TSClient directory.

Second, within the options of the RDP5 client you must check the box to redirect local drives.

Third, this only works with an RDP5 Client connecting to an XP machine or Win2K3 Server.

Finally, I have found that if the user is connecting from an XP box to another XP box, they have to have admin rights on the machine they are connecting into in order to remap the local drives locally.

Hope this is helpful.

Mark

One other factor....

Client drive mapping must be permitted on rdp connections to the server - see Terminal Server Config|Connections|RDP|Client Settings

Jem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back