Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

no linewieght when plotting

Status
Not open for further replies.

tkapc

Technical User
Sep 29, 2004
US
I am new to setting up plot style & I am having some problems.
First of all the office works on mac & we just got a pc to run acad. So I am not able to connect to any printer or plotter. so I am making post script files to plot from on the mac. I set up a plot style following the book. I am using a .ctb with 5 colors & 5 linewieghts. When I plot form ther post script file nothing have any thikness to it. Am I doing something wrong?
Thanks for the help!!
TKA

The easiest thing to do here is to edit your ctb file. When select plot, in the area where you select a ctb file, you'll also have a button to edit the ctb file. Press this button and in the ctb file, you'll have several "pen" options.

HTH
Todd

I have set the pen options already but it doesn't show up in plot preview or the plot. I set all object linewieghts to bylayer and all layer lienwiehgts to default.Is there a setting that I am missing somewhere?

You're on the right track, just check the following in your ctb files:

Screening - should be 100
Grayscale - should be Off
Dithering - should be Off

If you have those set already, double check your lineweights - I've seen people get fooled into thinking because they set a lineweight to something other than 0, they will see it. Not true. Some lineweights are so small you'd need a magnifying glass to see them. Try changing the size to something really large and see if the size you've been selecting is the issue.

HTH
Todd

Thanks Todd. The dithering was on. I change it and it worked!!!
TKA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back