Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NO lines--No service 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

lloydrescue

IS-IT--Management
Sep 19, 2006
CA
CICS NO lines No Service Doesn't see an incoming call, cant get a line out?

Lines are live at the BIX Block tested both sides of the 1A

Two sets can talk to each other

Programming says lines 1 & 2 appear and ring

I know it something I am overlooking

Is the Trunk card in the correct slot? It should be in slot 1 also check under Hardware and see what the card type is set to.

I have the CI in the left most slot

It is set for loop

Do you get a dial tone on lines 1 and 2?
Are the lines wired to correct cable pairs(refer FAQ or installer guide)
Are the lines loop or ground start (N* doesnt support ground start lines)

Just a quick thought// afer you check all you connections // check to see if the lines are in a pool group and if so make sure the sets you want have access to that pool group. Just a shot in the dark/ may need a little more info.

Have you rebooted the ics, is the line card a global CI, if so check the dip switches, otherwise it sounds like a bad line card. It doesn't matter if the lines are in a pool,if you have direct access to them and they were wired wrong you should still access the line but you would get dead air.

Make sure the amphenol cable is all the way into its socket on the system.

Repacedt the lin twice, didn't work with a new replacement. found an old one and it solved the probleme card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back