Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No Lan users internet acces =(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akart

IS-IT--Management
Nov 14, 2002
AU
Hey there,

I installed winroute firewall and ran the wizard which added rules allowing lan users to access the internet via nat. i can access the internet using the firewall machine but can not access the internet from any other lan pc, which is on the same subnet and default gateway is firewall machine.... heeelp....

Pls help me get on the internet =)

Akart

I presume you've also configured the DHCP server to serve IP addresses to your internal LAN's PC's ?
Because your PC's need to be in the same subnet as the LAN adapter of your winroute PC for internet routing to work.

Yes i have dhcp on win2k server.(not in kerio)
I also have dns forwarding turned on and directed to the dns the OS knows of.

i have also given up and reverted back to my linux box for nat until i can work this out.

Are you running winroute on a seperate pc? (in other words, NOT on your w2k server)? Running winroute on a domain controller is bad, i have noticed...

And if so, if this is an XP machine , have you checked if the internal XP firewall is turned off?

also, have you tried running winroute with NO additional rules?

In my case winroute works immediately after installing, with no additional rules. And i have installed it many times. Let me know which version you have of winroute.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back