Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

no items appear in network connections even if there

Status
Not open for further replies.

iono

Programmer
Oct 14, 2001
GB
when i open network and dial up connections there are no items even though a connection exists (if i try to create again a box tells me the connection already exists) - i am using a dfe-538tx card and have the latest drivers and windows updates (1.7.03) - another machine on the network (same motherboard network card etc) show the lan connection and i can then access the properties (eg to change to a fixed ip) - Whats happening ???

Is the network connection live. Do you have green lights. Maybe it's the cable.

yep network connection works this appears to be a display problem - if i add a new connection that works - just nothing is displayed ...........

Uninstall the device, Reboot without device installed. Reboot one more time, Reinstall the device. Reinstall device drivers, Verify driver installation that the correct drivers are being installed. When installing drivers its usually best to skip any kind of software based installation. Manual driver installation is the prefered way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back