Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No Inbound packets with Intel® Pro/1000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mimbres

Technical User
Oct 6, 2006
US
I have an Intel D875PBZ motherboard with a built in Intel® Pro/1000 CT Desktop Connection (ethernet). This issue has happened several times, but i can't find a solution. My computer and a work computer are hooked up through a Linksys LBEFSR41 v 2.1 router but I have in the past been able to connect directly from my Surboard SB5120 cable modem to my computer through the ethernet connection. I had a power outtage and now I can no longer connect to the interent using in Intel® Pro/1000 CT either with a direct modem computer connection or throught the router. Newtwork devices says I have a connection with the Intel® Pro/1000 CT Desktop Connection and I am sending packets but can't receive them. I have turned off zone alarm firewall, no luck. I deleted zone alarm and tried again no luck. I tried MS firewall on and off, no luck. I have tried both a direct connection with the cable modem and through the router but I have the same issue. However, I can connect to the internet with a direct connetion from
the cable modem to my computer through the USB connection. I know the modem and router are working since the work computer is connecting through the router and modem as it did prior to the power outtage.

Any help is a appreciated. Although my motherboard is still under warranty, Intel does not offer any type of support for this product.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back