Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No inbound calls being received after reset

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpower

IS-IT--Management
Jan 24, 2011
US
Folks,
I need some urgent help. After an outage our CICS 6.1 system has been completely reset. I've done my best to go through the manual going through the system startup and configuration. But here's my problem:

Outbound is fine, all extensions can pick up one of the 8 external lines and dial out. but we are receiving no inbound calls at all. If I dial one of the 8 external lines from a cell phone, none of the lines on any extension light up or ring. All terminals/extensions are currently set to at least show when an inbound call is received (many are set to ring).

What step am I missing here?

BTW, as you may have guessed, I'm very green to PBX setup, I have inherited this system from others. During initial startup, I set the Template mode to PBX (I honestly don't know what the old setting was).

We have 8 inbound time warner digital phone lines coming into the PBX. None of the physical wiring was affected in any way.

When you set it up for PBX no lines are assigned to phone but the lines are put into a pool so dial 9 can access lines . You need to assign the lines to appear and ring on the sets.
Go into Term and sets and line assignment of a set and add lines 1-4 and edepending on the s/w release lines 25-28 or 32-34. Th later are lines 5 thru 8.

Cook, I believe I have already assigned the lines to the phones. For example, on any given phone I can press a line number and I'll hear the dial tone of that particular line and be able to make an outbound call...

So I don't think that is the problem.

Ok, I believe I have solved this issue except for one annoyance. If a call is in progress and the internal side hangs up, there is a long delay between that and the external user getting disconnected. The side-effect of this is that if someone picks up the line which now shows as 'not in use' they resume the call if it is still in progress. How do I adjust how quickly the PBX disconnects? I assumed this would be the OSI setting under 'hardware' but it seems to have no effect. Its still taking upwards of 5-10 seconds for the client to get disconnected.

Any ideas?

Go into the lines programing and set it for supervised disconect. This is needed for each line.
And what did you do to get incoming calls?

Cook, I was trying to finish off everything before I posted my results back to this thread (hate when people answer their own question but never finish the thread ;-) ).

In the case of the inbound lines, I think it was a problem with the handsets not being in group 1, once I assigned them to the group (separate from the line pool) the system started working.

As for the hang up issue, I've already set the supervised disconnect on all the lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back