Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No homepage when opening new browser IE6

Status
Not open for further replies.

j27

IS-IT--Management
Mar 5, 2002
IE
Hi

I have just installed IE6 service pack 1 and now everytime I open my browser my homepage 'cannot be displayed'. After hitting the 'home' or 'refresh' the link then works. I have deleted cache and cookies and changed my default homepage. This problem never occured prior to the service pack one installation.

Any Ideas???

I actually experienced the same issue. I checked the registry and saw that the entry was not being written. I manually added it in the registry to resolve. Under
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Internet Explorer\Main and changed the default page setting value to what I wanted.
I know it is not the best resolution, but it fixed the issue.

Thanks shanmcc74 - Tried that and the entry was written. I've noticed something else - the problem extends to any link I click on. If I do not have a browser open and I click on a web link in outlook I get 'this page cannot be displayed' until I refresh the page. This is really annoying.

Maybe it is an idea to register the library files :
run REGSVR32 <filename> where filename is one of the files urlmon.dll, shdocvw.dll, msjava.dll, mshtml.dll , browseui.dll .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back