Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No hard disks detected HP proliant ML 350 G4 SBS 2003 server setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

trg6669

Technical User
Nov 20, 2011
Hi guys, I am installing SBS 2003 on my HP ProLiant M350 G4 but I am not able to getect any hard drive during set up. However when I am trying to set up windows server 2003 it detects hard drives and works fine. It seems strange but I don't know why particularly for SBS 2003 set up system is not detecting hard drives. Please help guys....

trg6669,
It sounds like SBS doesn't have the correct drivers for your hard drives. I've never installed that version, so speaking generally, you'd need to get the proper driver(s) from the HP website for your hardware and then tell SBS that you have additional drivers during the install process. I know that server 2003 has an F6 prompt along the bottom that is active for a few seconds, so you have to be paying attention. My guess is that SBS is similar.

Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back