Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

no graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssphoenix

IS-IT--Management
Jan 22, 2001
US
I am using windows2000 and HP4000 Laserjet printer. I need to be able to create a no graphic printer. I am generating reports that further photocopied a few times. If I generate them with graphics,they are hard to read.

I haven't found a way to take the graphics off.

Thanks in advance.

what do you mean by no garphic do mean no pcl or post script or you want it plan text. i can't recall off the top of my head where in the driver that is but if you can't find it just remove the driver and make it gernaic printer it will print plan text So long and thanks for all the fish.

Thanks for you relay gunthnp. I am running big reports in Delphi. The software generates reports with graphics like shedings in some areas and other stuff that when I photocopy the report, it's hard to read. In win95 I used to select none at the grahics screen and I was done. In win2k, I don't have that option. I have other once but nothing worked to far.

I haven't try a generic driver though. I wasn't sure I suppose to do that with a 4000. I will give that a try.

Thanks again.

Generic drivers works but I cannot use it. It does not format the page properly. What other options do I have?

What I am looking for is a similar fix I used in Win95/98.
Properties of the printer, Graphic tab and if I select none at Dithering. This will print properly.

Thanks.

the hp printers are backward comptable so can try an older driver like the 4p driver go in to the driver proepertys then go perfernces go to paper quality adva the try putin it to graphic and chage it in there. check to see if you can chage it in the 4000 driver and tell me thanks So long and thanks for all the fish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back