Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No Global Catalog found

Status
Not open for further replies.

intel233

MIS
Feb 24, 2007
US
I have a DC setup that is a Global Catalog(server 2008 R2). I am then using VMWARE Server to virtualize another Win 2008 R2 server (this one is a member sever). I did all the prerequisites for exchange and ran the setup /preparead and that succeed.
When I try to run the install on the readiness check everything fails and says no global catalog found:
Cannot find at least one global catalog server running Windows 2003 Service Pack 1 or later in local Active Directory site.

Any help is appreciated.

Hi

Have you set up anything in sites and services? Are the subnets of the DC and exchange the same?

Also is DNS on the exchange server pointing to your DNS server.

Yes the dns of the exchange is pointed at my dns server. I seem to be getting other errors now. I did setup sites and services as well. Everything is on a 192.168.10 network.

I do not know what I am missing to get exchange installed. I installed the prerequisites but I noticed the the WINRM(IIS) is never installed. I have installed that but still get other errors. I finally got exchange 2010 to install and then couldn't connect to the EMC.

I have redone both the main pc and Virtual and will start from scratch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back