Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No floppy sata install

Status
Not open for further replies.

boxtyman

Technical User
Apr 3, 2006
FR
Hi
i'm trying to install XP on a laptop HD sata with no floppy. At F6 insert floppy with sata drivers I'm stuck!Is there a way round this?

Thanks.

Which XP + SP, and what laptop? It is possible the XP CD has a SATA driver. My PC has no floppy and I was able to skip F6.

Hi
XP with SP2 but obviously no driver as the setup stalls, unable to recognise the disk.
The laptop is a Fujitsu-siemens amilo.

Your BIOS setup may be different but what I had to do was go into setup and in "Advanced BIOS Features" enable "Boot Other Device". On the "Hard Disk Priority" menu selected my SATA drive. Finally on the "Integrated Peripherals" menu, under "VIA Onchip IDE device", then "SATA Mode" (RAID or IDE) I selected IDE. I could then install XP.

Thaks for the suggestion. However my BIOS has no Integrated peripherals.Looks like Fujitsu doesn't want me messing around!

Found a solution: recompiled XP CD with this German prog - -which allows you to add needed drivers in a OEM file. Bit like using a mallet tp change a light bulb though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back