Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No fields listed for any stored procedure chosen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luvsql

Technical User
Apr 3, 2003
CA
I am running SQL Server 2012. The stored procedures I'm trying to use in Report Builder 3.0 run successfully within Enterprise Manager and use these with SAP Crystal Reports 2013 without issue.

When I choose the sp within the Table/Matrix wizard, it doesn't list ANY fields. I've tried the SET FMTONLY ON syntax as some others have recommended, but that didn't work.

I was only able to get one sp that had NO parameters to list the fields by using a blank report, manually adding an embedded dataset, choosing stored procedure as the query type. This would be okay if I only had a basic report, however, I still need to link this sp to another table and sql view like I can do in Crystal Reports, but since there are no fields listed within the query designer, I can't do this.

What gives with RB and stored procedures in the query designer??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back