Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No export to DV Tape

Status
Not open for further replies.

BennyBoy

Technical User
Oct 25, 2001
GB
I create my timeline, render it, but when it comes to 'export to tape' nothing. My camera is in VCR mode I have selected the correct model in Premier. When I export, it starts by putting the camera into record mode gets ready to record and then goes back into standby after a couple of seconds with nothing recorded. Premier does not hang and is ready to reuse.

My Panasonic DV camera is connected on a Belkin firewire card to the PC.

Anybody got any ideas?

Seems like that happened to me one day, and I found I hadn't actually selected a segment or clip to export. Do you have the yellow workspace bar (at the top of the timeline) stretched over your clip? doubleclicking it will make it cover the entire timeline? I've been away from Premiere for a while, so a lil bit fuzzy....

I had the same problem (exporting to DV tape) but my Pinnacle card is not in the top slot of my workstation as they recommend. So I exported to analog (super-VHS) tape and that worked fine. Still intend to move the card around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back