Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

no ethernet on display Shoretel IP 265

Status
Not open for further replies.

phones43

Programmer
May 4, 2011
US
I am receiving an errer code of no ethernet on display. When I look at director and look at the Shoregear 90 switch it states OUT OF SERVICE (OPERATIONAL) Any ideas would be great!

I usually see this with a bad cable drop or bad patch cable. The patch cables that Shoretel sends are sometimes bad. It's not seeing a signal on the pins that carry the data signal.

Thanks for the advice. I figured mine would be the same issue. I have replaced the patch cable as well as the POE switch... The issue is Intermittent. Any other ideas? Once again thanks for the response greatly appriciated!

That's the only thing I have ever seen. Did you check the jack/cable drop going back to the closet? If you plug the phone directly into the switch will it do it eventually?

I have had some strange problems with some of the higher end phones that ended up in them being RMA'ed. Screens going blank or flipping upside down, screen fading out, clicking audio....

So far the IP230 has been the most trouble free of the lot. We haven't deployed many of the IP265, but the Ip560 is the one that seems to have the most out of box failures and strange issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back