Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No Edits, additions or deletions, except...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Introfield

Instructor
Apr 19, 2002
IT
I have a form for "new" sales. A copy of that form is used to display "existing" sales to the user.
I want the existing Sales form to be un-editable to ensure users don't modify orders after they've been placed (There's provision elsewhere to modify an existing order).

I've created a quick search feature using a combo-box for the user to select or type a customer name and go straight to the the first (and subsequent) orders in that name.

The problem is this... Now that I've set my form properties to NO for Allow Edits, Allow Deletions, Allow Additions etc., my search combo doesn't work.
Is it because the combo is on the form (will it help if I put it the header or footer?). The only other solution I can think of is to apply a lock of sorts to each control - but this seems like lot of work.

Any suggestions greatly received...

You may consider make the query the form is bounded to not updatable with something like a join without selecting the necessary unique field.

Hope This Help, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ222-2244

Thanks - I tried your suggestion by creating a second query rather than both forms relying on the same one. It worked fine as I was able to set the second so that it wouldn't allow updates - but then I realised that as I have two subforms on my main form both with their own queries.
Is having the extra queries the only solution?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back