Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No display !!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

skfm

Technical User
May 2, 2003
MY
Hi, everyone... I am new in this forum. Need your expertise. I have a IBM Netfinity 3500 M10 server, my problem is thereis no display on the screen when boot up. Before that it was working fine than one day it just go. I have tested the AGP display card on another PC, and it's working OK, so there is nothing wrong with the Card, I have tried swapping a new AGP card just to be sure. Still it doesn't work.
I suspect it might be the motherboard???? Have anyone out there encounter this. Pls. help cos I'm pretty new in this.

Tks in advance.

SKFM

Test the monitor on another machine.

It sounds like a monitor issue, including loose cables.

Tks Bcastner, I have tried changing the monitor and its still the same result.
I don't know what is wrong here.
Any other solution.

Tks.

It sounds like a wacky BIOS setting.

Remove the battery for the CMOS and leave it out of the machine for about 15 minutes or so.

Replace the battery and reboot. You should then (hopefully) be able to see the monitor and check the settings in the BIOS.

If you have an internal display adapter on the motherboard, try connecting the monitor to that to do the setup.

Tks, bcastner. I will try your suggestion.
Hopefully it works.

Tks.

Had the same problem on a computer. Like
you I was questoning the Mother Board.
Swapped out the processer and bingo!! It
was working again. But it COULD be the M.B.
so don't rule that out yet. But try swapping
the processor first. Or it could be a RAM
problem also.
What type of BEEP CODES are you getting.
Which BIOS do you have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back